Since 2003, EFA has provided bus transportation rebates to schools within the Kalamazoo RESA service area. The EFA Bus Transportation Rebate Program supports the participation of more than 20,000 students annually in professional, high-quality arts and cultural field trips offered by EFA and partnering arts organizations within Kalamazoo County.
Rebate Program Eligibility
- Eligible schools within the Kalamazoo RESA service area include public K-8, alternative education, and special education schools, as well as private K-8 schools that choose to participate in EFA programs. It does not apply to students in grades 9-12 enrolled in traditional high school settings, except for high school students attending a performance of Take Me To The River. It applies to students in preschool programs only for performances of “The Polar Bears Go Up!”.
- Schools are responsible for paying only a flat rate of $25.00 per round-trip for each bus. The rebate program reimburses schools for the total cost of the trip minus the required $25.00 per bus contribution.
- The rebate applies only to school bus transportation to approved events in Kalamazoo County. It does not cover parking expenses, transportation via personal vehicles, or out-of-county travel.
Rebate Form and Instructions
- Print/Download an EFA Bus Rebate Form with additional instructions on how to apply.
- After an eligible field trip, submit a completed rebate form and a copy of your bus transportation invoice. Submit one request for each trip.
- Rebate requests for the 2017-2018 school year must be received by Kris DeRyder, EFA Director’s Secretary, no later than June 8, 2018. Late requests cannot be reimbursed.
- Rebates will be paid at the end of the school year (June 2018).
- Checks will be issued to school districts rather than to individual schools, except for private schools or when a PTO needs to be reimbursed.
- Remember to pay your transportation invoice in full upon receipt. EFA provides a rebate and will not pay your transportation invoice directly.
Remember to make arrangements for your buses with your own district transportation department. EFA does not schedule or provide transportation.
This opportunity is supported in part by the Dorothy U. Dalton Foundation, the Harold and Grace Upjohn Foundation, and the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation.